BRIE & FIG GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE
Brie & Fig Grilled Cheese on Cinnamon Raisin Bread served w/Crisp Lardons, seared in Sage Butter, drizzled with Raw Honey
Prepared by Chef Janet Puttie
INGREDIENTS (serves 1)
2 tbsp Ghee
2 leaves sage
2 slices cinnamon raisin bread
2 tbsp fig spread
5 semi-thin slices brie
1 slice lardon, halved
1/4 cup arugula
1 tsp raw honey, warmed
1 pinch sea salt
1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Bake lardons on parchment lined sheet tray, at 350 (degrees) for 20 minutes.
- Heat pan for 2 minutes on medium heat, add ghee and sage.
- Assemble sandwich, spread fig on insides, layer cheese, then lardon.
- Turn heat to medium-low, add sandwich to pan and toast for 3 mins on each side.
- Remove from pan, drizzle with honey, slice, garnish with arugula and serve.